Customer Quotation Specialist
Job Description: Customer Quotation Specialist
The Customer Quotation Specialist is responsible for processing, tracking and communicating quoting opportunities for any new or existing customers. This position is accountable for providing quotations to customers and Sales Reps by utilizing sales and accurate, reasonable technical knowledge
The Customer Quotation Specialist interprets customer and Sales Reps requirements and offers solutions that maximize profitability and add value for the customer.
Coordinates with Sales Representative to determine and/or clarify bid requirements to ensure quality output.
Reports to management with quote follow-up on win/loss and rationale.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Determines quotation requirements by interviewing customer and/or Sales Rep
· Provides accurate account information referring to customer account Billing/Shipping information. Creates accurate PROSPECT accounts in P21.
· Generates QUOTATION in P21, using specified requirements and product knowledge.
· Verifies Sales Rep’s understanding of quotation by explaining items and charges.
· Strives for a 30% GP and ensure compliance with Pricing Libraries.
· Works with Suppliers to receive FREIGHT QUOTES as needed for specific delivery requirements.
· Coordinates receipt of all required information for the preparation of final quote.
· Follows up on outstanding quotations to secure orders, improve quotation process and measure effectiveness.
· Communicates information to customers and Sales Reps regarding special promotions and sale items. Continually aware of opportunities to suggest “Preferred Brands”.
· Maintains the highest quality of customer service during calls, dealing tactfully to resolve complaints, compliments, and inquiries, while following the appropriate company procedures.
· Ensures continual improvement of Quoting process.
· Prepares weekly reports for Management using daily updated Quote Log.
· Be aware of all areas of possible loss due to carelessness, inaccuracies.
· Maintain compliance with established Company policies and standards.
· Improves quality results by recommending processing changes.
· Any other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Competencies:
· 3 years’ experience working in an orthopedic or physical therapy setting.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office especially word and excel.
· Self-motivated individual who can work both independently and part of a team.
· Willingness to learn and adapt in the ever-changing medical industry.
· Enjoys researching and problem solving.
· Ability to provide outstanding customer service